Front Runner TBMK012 Quick Release Tent Mount Kit
- Once the Quick Release Tent Mount Kit brackets are installed on a Front Runner Rack, no tools are needed to remove or install a roof top tent. Simply release the tabs on the 4 latches and lift the tent away in seconds.
- No more wrenching in tight spaces during the “off-season” or time consuming weekday removal of a roof top tent.
- This strong and rattle free mounting system is built off-road tough for use with Front Runner Racks.
- Works with the Roof Top Tent and other popular soft shell tent brands like TJM, ARB, Tepui, etc.
- Works with hard shell tents such as Autohome/Maggionlina, and James Baroud. Hard shell tent owners please read *IMPORTANT NOTE below.
- 4 low profile base brackets are bolted to a Front Runner Rack while 4 self- aligning bushes are secured to the tent base channels using the supplied plates.
- Two of the latches securely lock with a key while the other 2 latching brackets feature a safety catch.
- Comes with 4 keys for locking brackets.
- Tents can be mounted at two different heights, depending on clearance needs. The bottom of the tent can sit either 40mm / 1.57 inches or 17mm / 1 inch above the rack slats.
- Certain tent sizes and designs will dictate the height needed to clear the edge of the Front Runner Rack.
- The brackets are small, unobtrusive and can be left on the roof rack when the tent is not mounted, leaving vast rack space available
- No tent modification required.
- Removed tents can be stored on the ground, raised slightly off the floor by the supplied steel bushes.
- Supplied with all required mounting hardware and a special installation tool.
- Fitting instructions are included.
Quick Release Tent Mount Kit consists of:
1 x Set of 4 Quick Release Brackets
2 x Locking Brackets (Left and Right Hand Side)
2 x Keys per lock
1 x Special Installation Tool
Black powder coated 3CR12 stainless steel
316 Stainless steel
304 Stainless steel
Product Dimensions: (Per assembled bracket)
263mm (10.4″) L x 93mm (3.7″) W x 93mm (3.7″) H
Find out more about Front Runner here
Travel. Dream. Design. Build. Test. Evolve. Repeat.
Legend has it that Front Runner was conceived between a 1988 Land Cruiser 70 and a 1992 Mercedes G-Wagen in Botswana, around a campfire, near a majestic Baobab, amongst elephant tracks, by a handful of friends from South Africa with backgrounds in engineering, design, manufacturing and off-road racing. After suffering through numerous equipment failures on their expeditions around the world, they decided to take their shared passion for vehicle based adventure travel and dream up new, smart gear and build it stronger than… well, as they put it, “stronger than the elephants at the watering hole 1 klick over.”
And just like that, before the moon gave way to the sun, we were born.
With the gruelling African bush as a testing ground, we at Front Runner focused on a tough love approach to developing products. With both feet facing the future and little sentimentally for mediocre ideas of the past – common approaches to off-road vehicle product design were quickly jettisoned in favor of innovation, new materials, and superior manufacturing practices.
Today our products have a well deserved reputation (if we don’t say so ourselves) for quality, intelligent design, and durability. Our manufacturing facility just outside of Johannesburg, South Africa features in house laser cutting, bending and powder coating. CAD designed products by a team of engineers and built by skilled craftsman in our ISO-9001 : 2015 Certified factory.
Our roof racks, water tanks, tents, awnings, drawer systems and camping accessories are enjoyed, used and abused around the world by casual campers, the U.N., overlanders, NGOs, outdoor enthusiasts and extreme athletes.