Front Runner RRAC149 Pro Ski, Snowboard & Fishing Rod Carrier
Easily secure and store longer gear, such as fishing rods, snowboards and skis, with the Snowboard & Fishing Rod Carrier and the alligator-grip style holders.
- Built to keep your gear safe on, and off, the world’s toughest roads.
- Made from corrosion resistant steel and sealed with the same durable, weather rated powder coating as the Front Runner Roof Racks.
- The soft 30mm / 1.2” wide rubber grippers clamp tight without harming or scratching the surfaces of your valuable gear in all weather conditions.
- Lock your valuable gear in place for extra security. Supplied with 4 keys (3 spare keys).
- Each lock features a cover to prevent water ingress and ice forming in colder climates.
- The locking mechanism has a ratchet feature to allow easier closing of the holders for gear up to 30mm / 1.2″ thick.
- A “hold open” feature allows for easy loading and unloading.
- Usable opening size: 495mm / 19.5”.
- There is a 65mm / 2.6” clearance distance from the top of the rack or load bar slat to the bottom of the snowboard / fishing rod.
- A holder set can accommodate two (2) pairs of ski’s or one (1) snowboard (two (2) with bindings removed).
- All Front Runner Roof Racks can accommodate 2 holders side by side. This allows storage of up to four (4) pairs of skis or two (2) snowboards (four (4) with bindings removed).
- Save space on top of your rack and use Recovery Device & Gear Holding Side Brackets* to mount this carrier to the sides of any Front Runner Rack.
*Note: Recovery Device & Gear Holding Side Brackets are sold separately.
2 x Holders
4 x Rubber Grippers
4 x Keys
2 x Brackets for side mount (*requires Recovery Device & Gear Holding Side Brackets not incl.)
Black powder coated steel
578mm (22.8″) L x 49mm (1.9″) W x 106mm (4.2″) H (Single Holder)
2.4kg (5.3lbs) (Single Holder)
4.8kg (10.6lbs) (Per Set)
Find out more about Front Runner here
Travel. Dream. Design. Build. Test. Evolve. Repeat.
Legend has it that Front Runner was conceived between a 1988 Land Cruiser 70 and a 1992 Mercedes G-Wagen in Botswana, around a campfire, near a majestic Baobab, amongst elephant tracks, by a handful of friends from South Africa with backgrounds in engineering, design, manufacturing and off-road racing. After suffering through numerous equipment failures on their expeditions around the world, they decided to take their shared passion for vehicle based adventure travel and dream up new, smart gear and build it stronger than… well, as they put it, “stronger than the elephants at the watering hole 1 klick over.”
And just like that, before the moon gave way to the sun, we were born.
With the gruelling African bush as a testing ground, we at Front Runner focused on a tough love approach to developing products. With both feet facing the future and little sentimentally for mediocre ideas of the past – common approaches to off-road vehicle product design were quickly jettisoned in favor of innovation, new materials, and superior manufacturing practices.
Today our products have a well deserved reputation (if we don’t say so ourselves) for quality, intelligent design, and durability. Our manufacturing facility just outside of Johannesburg, South Africa features in house laser cutting, bending and powder coating. CAD designed products by a team of engineers and built by skilled craftsman in our ISO-9001 : 2015 Certified factory.
Our roof racks, water tanks, tents, awnings, drawer systems and camping accessories are enjoyed, used and abused around the world by casual campers, the U.N., overlanders, NGOs, outdoor enthusiasts and extreme athletes.