Front Runner RRAC095 Vertical Surfboard Carrier
These two movable holders securely clamp your surfboard in-place vertically on either side of a Front Runner Slimline II Rack for easy transportation to free up room for other gear like Roof Top Tents, Kayaks, bikes, water and fuel, etc.
- Adjust the holders along the length of the rack to accommodate various size boards.
- 2 supplied Front Runner Stratchits hold the Surfboard snug against padded side rests. The Stratchit straps clever cinching system provide easy-on and easy-off secure transport every time.
- The vertical holders can be folded down and stored flat against the rack top.
- If space on the rack top is available, the holders can be used in their flat “horizontal” positions to mount a surfboard or other larger boards for SUP or wind surfing.
- Each vertical holder and side rest has soft touch foam padding to cradle your valuable gear without harming or scratching the surfaces. The Soft touch pads are made from a weather resistant cross-linked, closed cell Polyethylene.
- Included rubber pads provide further protection between your board and the Front Runner Stratchit straps.
- The brackets are made from steel and sealed with the same durable, weather resistant black powder coating as the Front Runner Slimline II Roof Racks.
- In the vertical position the holders measure 400mm (15.8″) high from the underside of the Slimline II Rack Tray. When folded flat in the locked horizontal position the holders measure 45mm high from the underside of the Slimline II Rack Tray.
- Can be used with Front Runner Slimline II Roof Racks, Bed Racks and Trailer Racks.
- Easily bolts to your Slimline II Rack with supplied hardware.
- Includes all necessary installation hardware and fitting instructions.
2 x Board Mounting Brackets
2 x Slimline II Rack Latch Brackets
1 x Pair of Stratchits
1 x Pair of Tie Down Rings
Black powder coated 3CR12 Stainless Steel
304 Stainless Steel
Outer Dimensions (Single Holder):
559mm (22″) L x 85.5mm (3.4″) W x 98.5mm (3.9″) H
Open Dimensions (Single Holder):
161mm (6.3″) L x 85.5mm (3.4″) W x 445mm (17.5″) H
Find out more about Front Runner here
Travel. Dream. Design. Build. Test. Evolve. Repeat.
Legend has it that Front Runner was conceived between a 1988 Land Cruiser 70 and a 1992 Mercedes G-Wagen in Botswana, around a campfire, near a majestic Baobab, amongst elephant tracks, by a handful of friends from South Africa with backgrounds in engineering, design, manufacturing and off-road racing. After suffering through numerous equipment failures on their expeditions around the world, they decided to take their shared passion for vehicle based adventure travel and dream up new, smart gear and build it stronger than… well, as they put it, “stronger than the elephants at the watering hole 1 klick over.”
And just like that, before the moon gave way to the sun, we were born.
With the gruelling African bush as a testing ground, we at Front Runner focused on a tough love approach to developing products. With both feet facing the future and little sentimentally for mediocre ideas of the past – common approaches to off-road vehicle product design were quickly jettisoned in favor of innovation, new materials, and superior manufacturing practices.
Today our products have a well deserved reputation (if we don’t say so ourselves) for quality, intelligent design, and durability. Our manufacturing facility just outside of Johannesburg, South Africa features in house laser cutting, bending and powder coating. CAD designed products by a team of engineers and built by skilled craftsman in our ISO-9001 : 2015 Certified factory.
Our roof racks, water tanks, tents, awnings, drawer systems and camping accessories are enjoyed, used and abused around the world by casual campers, the U.N., overlanders, NGOs, outdoor enthusiasts and extreme athletes.